The Zeughaus (Arsenal) was built in the Schinkel School style in 1854. The ground floor houses the City History Museum Spandau, while the 500 square metre Pfeilersaal (Pillar Hall) upstairs features regular exhibitions of interdisciplinary contemporary art in historical contexts.
The historic Kavalier cannon tower of the Bastion Kronprinz dates back to around the year 1700. The tower’s ground floor gallery has been used by the City History Museum Spandau and the Department of Culture to stage interdisciplinary exhibitions at
is a forum for contemporary art in the municipality of Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf where exhibitions and events have been held since 1974. The functional two-floor exhibition area offers space for photography, painting, graphics, installations and performance. The work of Berlin-based artists receives special attention and the focus of the exhibition programme is artistic photography.
exhibits thematic group shows, is the promotion of young Berlin artists through the presentation of work from Lichtenberg Studios, BLO-Ateliers and others.
Former Franciscan monastery church ruins are one of the final remaining testaments to Berlin’s founding history, and one of the most important architectural monuments in the city to be opened to the public and used as a site for cultural events.
presents art exhibitions and regional historic exhibitions. There is an emphasis on the exhibition of works from the estates of artists such as Georg Schlicht and Martin Stekker, as well as exhibitions by artists with a connection to the district.
The extensively renovated, 19th century Old Barracks opened in 2016. It offers exhibition spaces for fine arts and interdisciplinary projects across two floors with a total area of over 2500 square meters, making it one of the largest municipal galleries in Berlin.